Disk Defragmenter Could not start

Anyone getting the "Disk Defragmenter Could not start" message and on Windows XP this is what worked for me.

Go to Control Panel, Select System and select the Advance Tab. Now Select Settings Under Performance and again select the advance tab. Under Virtual Memory select Change. Make sure that the Paging File Size for selected Drive for the Drive partition you want to Defrag has either a custom at least 2 times the amount of installed RAM if the space is available or is set to System Managed Size.

Once I did this Defrag started working again. I don't know how the Page file got turned off on my system but this has been driving me mad for months!! Hope it helps someone else out there !!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fastest XML parser

Tomcat behind Apache HTTP server using Spring Security

Cargo-itest open source project